Tuesday, August 14, 2012

silhouettes by corina

Phu Quoc, Vietnam f/8  Shutter Speed: 1/250 ISO 100  Focal Length: 55mm

Tonle Sap Lake, Cambodia
f/11 Shutter Speed: 1/800 ISO 200 Focal Length: 18mm
I had to put these in even though I obviously didn't take them this week. I've been longing to go back to SE Asia lately. I think I prefer to shoot in silhouette when it just happens that you are in that moment of perfect lighting and an interesting subject.

My apartment f/5.6  Shutter Speed 1/640 ISO 200 Focal Length: 52mm

 The Exchange District, Winnipeg f/10 Shutter Speed: 1/2500 ISO 200 Focal Length: 32mm

  East Transcona, Winnipeg f/20 Shutter Speed: 1/200 ISO 200 Focal Length: 55mm

 Human Rights Museum, Winnipeg f/20 Shutter Speed: 1/80 ISO 200 Focal Length: 24mm

 View from Esplanade Riel, Winnipeg f/20 Shutter Speed: 1/50 ISO 200 Focal Length: 18mm

View from Esplanade Riel, Winnipeg f/20 Shutter Speed: 1/160 ISO 200 Focal Length: 20mm

4 comments:

  1. The first two photos are amazing! Beautiful color. Nice composition. Amazing subject!!

    My favorite two photos other than the travel ones are the cat photo and the last two. I like the cat one because of the detail of the fur that you can see on the edges and that the screen is in focus.

    The last two I like because of the distinctive silhouettes. The exposure is perfect. You picked a great time of day for the shot. Nice work Corina!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tempted to include some old silhouette photos I took of Hannah in front of our living room window, which I really like, but I wasn't sure if using old photos was kosher or not. Obviously the first two pictures are really great photos. Not much to critique there. Except . . . CHEATER! :-)

    I'm actually struggling to find much to critique about any of these shots. Maybe in the street-light shot, you shouldn't have cut off a tiny bit of the one fixture? I don't know - I'm grasping here. My least favourite shot is the East Transcona picture. It's probably the one you were talking about when you mentioned struggling with things getting too dark when you tried to make the subject darker. Because the elevator probably isn't dark enough in this photo and the foreground and sky are already getting pretty dark. Still a decent shot, if not a bit . . . I don't know . . . dull?

    My fave of the bunch (other than the first two) is the last one. Very good composition, great lines - seems to use the rule of thirds in an very creative way (in a triangular fashion, rather than simply horizontal or vertical). Wow! Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the glit of sunlight in he gard rail on the last one. It adds demention. I suppose the least sucessfull is the cargil grainery it is a little under exposed. I like the museam/bridge pics in general as I enjoy the subject. Nice... very nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the end I included the Transcona picture because it kind of reminded me of that trend that is raging right now in photography...the 'vintage' look. It is dull and washed out but I'm on trend with the hipsters, so there ;p

    ReplyDelete